The Discovery Center Pre-School and Childcare is a hometown, non-profit pre-school and child care center established in 1976 that has been dedicated to providing a quality program to children ages 6 weeks to 6 years.
• Child centered, open-ended, hands-on learning that engages all senses.
• Allows the child to become independent, grow with their interests, work at their own pace, bolster their strengths and instill confidence.
• Features large blocks of time each day for the child to work on and complete projects.
• To respect and care for others, the environment and themselves.
• Encourages and enhances social interactions.
• We do our best to keep alive in children, the joy and wonder of life, learning, and the world around them.
• We have fun!
• Certified NatureExplore™ playyard.
• Natural areas such as a tall grass prairie, sledding hill, mini woodland with cave, dry streambed, climbing trees, space to run and play games.
• Climbers, sandboxes, playhouses, pirate ship, teepee, and car.
• Vegetable and fruit gardens.
• Areas for art, building, and making music are available.
• Loose parts for children to invent their own activities.
• Children are not confined to one room during the day, but guided by their interests, and assisted by nurturing adults, can move and learn.
• Healthy, fresh, home cooked meals and snacks provided.
• Provides creative experiences each day in science, cooking, art, language, math, geography, life skills, dramatic play, music, gross and fine motor.
• Frequent field trips.
• 1:3 infants, 1:4 toddlers, 1:6 transition children, 1:8 pre-school children.
• Experienced, professional, teachers who care, are degreed in education and are constantly updating knowledge.
• Longevity of staff.
• Takes pictures that are posted at the center and on Snapfish.
Dear Discovery Center,
We would like to thank you for all the wonderful care and education you have provided for our son, Jack Nicolai, over the past 4 1/2 years. We have been nothing but pleased with the opportunities you have afforded him while in your care.
Your education goes well beyond ABC's and 123's. We feel that a great focus has been on the development of our child's personality; with education on socialization expectations, problem solving with peers, and exposure to cultural differences. We feel this focus will most certainly be beneficial far beyond kindergarten - a precious gift. Thank you for keeping this at a core of your curriculum. It has been a great experience for us, as parents, to have such terrific partners in raising our son. Thank you so much for your open, honest communication. Thank you again, we are so proud to be a Discovery Center family...
Jason and Cecily Nicolai