Warm, nurturing, experienced staff, including degreed lead teachers, care for a maximum of 6 children with a 1:3 teacher to child ratio that allows for each child to be held, loved and played with as much as possible. Teachers try to follow whatever schedule parents have set up, and daily notes keep them informed about what is happening during the child’s day.
• Infants are taken outside every day if weather allows.
• Meals and snacks including milk are included in fees; parents provide formula or breast milk.
• Diapers, wipes and OTC lotions or creams provided.
• Parent and guardian visits as well as breast feeding are welcomed and encouraged anytime.
• Children move to the toddler group around the age of 18 months based on developmental indicators.
Activities appropriate to the child are offered in the sensorial areas of seeing, hearing, and touch, language, motor development, and cognitive development.
Dear DC Teachers and Staff,
Thank you for being our partners in the most important project of our lives for the past five years and going forward. Rain or shine (or snow!) you are there and you are amazing. We are grateful to you & for you every day.
Susan Reed & Chris Letcher